Call for Papers: II Encontro de Jovens Investigadores em Literatura Comparada
The Associação Portuguesa de Literatura Comparada (APLC), with the support of Instituto de Literatura Comparada Margarida Losa (ILC) from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, will organize in 2018, in Porto, the II Encontro de Jovens Investigadores em Literatura Comparada (EJICOMP II) [2nd Meeting of Young Researchers in Comparative Literature].
The aim is thus to create, for the second consecutive year, a discussion forum to give visibility to Comparative Studies and to determine the current state of the subject area through the essays and theses presently developed by MA students, PhD candidates, Post-Doc researchers, recent graduates and independent researchers. During the EJICOMP II younger researchers (or more recent researchers, since there is no age criterion) will have the chance to:
- present their works (essays, dissertations, theses, projects or publications) in progress or concluded in the last five years; discuss them with their peers;
- receive feedback from more experienced teachers and researchers;
- ascertain the state of the art and some trends or routes of current Comparative Criticism;
- contribute to a greater dynamism of scientific research and academic production;
- maintain regular contact between the members of the scientific community, which is essential to create and disseminate knowledge.
Thus, the EJICOMP II embodies three of APLC’s main goals: to encourage, renew and disseminate Comparative Studies in Portugal, bringing together different generations and experiences from national or foreign researchers.
LANGUAGES ACCEPTED IN THE EVENT
Portuguese is the main language of the event, but presentations in English, French and Spanish may be considered, as long as the comparative works involve authors of Portuguese language and/or are being developed in Universities, Institutes or Departments of Portuguese language.
SUBMISSIONS (1st March to 20th May 2018)
Proposals must be sent (in Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing the following information:
- Researcher’s full name
- Presentation title
- Abstract (max. 200 words)
- Brief CV of the researcher (5-6 lines), containing institutional affiliation (University where the research took/takes place)
- Researcher’s cellphone and e-mail contact
The authors will be notified of the results until 30th June 2018.
Registration (1st to 15th July 2018)
- Registration for the event will run between 1st and 15th July 2018, and it implies the payment of a fee (25€) that corresponds to the Associação Portuguesa de Literatura Comparada’s annual membership fee (2018-2019) with all rights reserved to members. Fill out the application form with your personal data on the website of APLC (www.aplc.org.pt) (APLC→ Inscrição/actualização→ Ficha de inscrição/ actualização).
- The payment (25€) must be done by bank transfer on behalf of APLC, with the identification “Inscrição EJICOMP/ APLC”: IBAN: PT50 0035 0824 00006718431 34.
- The following data should be sent by e-mail to APLC (email@example.com) and to the organization committee of EJICOMP II (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Researcher’s name;
- Presentation title;
- Application form;
- Proof of payment.
The program will be online from the 16th July 2018 (www.ejicomp.com).
Some information about EJICOMP II can be found on the APLC website. Any queries should be directed to email@example.com.