EJICOMP – II Meeting of Young Researchers in Comparative Literature
The Portuguese Association of Comparative Literature (APLC), with the Institute of Comparative Literature Margarida Losa of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of Porto, organizes in 2018, in Porto, the II Meeting of Young Researchers in Comparative Literature (EJICOMP II).
The aim is to create, for the second consecutive year, a discussion forum that gives visibility to comparative studies, assessing the current state of the disciplinary area through the essays and dissertations currently developed by masters, doctoral students, postdoctoral students, recent graduates and independent researchers. During EJICOMP II, younger researchers (or more recent researchers, since there is no age criterion) will have the possibility of:
- present their work (essays, dissertations, theses, projects or publications) in progress or completed in the last 5 years; discuss them with your peers;
- receive feedback from teachers and researchers in later stages of the career;
- to know the state of the art and some tendencies or paths of current comparative criticism;
- contribute to a greater dynamism of scientific research and academic production;
- to maintain a regular contact between the members of the scientific community, essential for the creation and transmission of knowledge.
APLC thus gives shape to three of its main objectives: to encourage, renew and disseminate comparative studies in Portugal, bringing together generations and different experiences of researchers, national or foreign.
The opening conference will be with Gonçalo Vilas-Boas – “The ILCML: A Journey for Comparative Literature” and the closing lecture with Helena Carvalhão Buesco – “Europa sub specie comparatista: o cosmopolita e o vernacular”.
Program EJICOMP II
Daniel Floquet (ILC)
Helder Baião (ILC)
Inês Cardoso (ILC)
Isabel Carvalho (ILC)
Ivana Schneider (ILC)
Lurdes Gonçalves (ILC)
Sofia Mota Freitas (ILC)
Vítor Ferreira (ILC)
Ana Paula Coutinho (ILC)
Maria Luísa Malato (ILC / APLC)